- This event has passed.
Large Item Pickup
April 30, 2018
Monday, April 30, 2018
The intention of the program is to collect 2 (two) large and bulky items per household. Items are to be deposited at the household’s front curb by 7:00 a.m.
The following items will not be collected:
- Normal garbage (or other wet waste), cardboard and recyclable materials including organics.
- Hazardous materials including but not limited to paint, motor oil, fuels and propane bottles, refrigerators, freezers & air conditioners
- E-waste items that are included under the Electronics Recycling Program, including TV’s computer monitors, computer CPU’s, laptops, notebooks, printers, scanners, fax machines, VCR’s, DVD player/recorders, turntables, cassette player/recorders and other electrical equipment along with associated cables, mouse and speakers.
- Railroad ties, cement, skidoos, quads or similar, boats, vehicle parts, tires or engines.
- Large amounts by weight, size or volume of household renovation or demolition materials including furnaces.
- No lawnmowers or equipment with fluids still in them
- No individual item exceeding 200 lbs., or over 4 feet
- The following items will be collected:
- Household furniture, mattresses and kitchen appliances.
- Small equipment such as lawnmowers and hedge trimmers (no gas/oil), barbecues, bicycles, dismantled exercise equipment.
- Porcelain sinks and toilets, hot water heaters, water softeners or built in vacuum canisters.
- Important! Please note:
- Items such as basketball hoops/hockey nets/bikes etc. that are commonly left on streets or curbs will NOT be picked up unless there is a sign posted on them that they are for pick-up
- Anything directly and obviously left out on curb WILL be picked up; anything not meant for pick-up that is left out and collected will not be replaced.
- Large items may be picked up on the 20th by two separate crews, one for recyclable metals and one for other waste