Alberta Transportation has just erected Logo signs on Highway 16 prior to the Wabamun exits. If any business is interested in participating in this program they are administered by Alberta Transportation. Information on these signs is available by clicking on this link
1. the signs
At the top of each Logo Sign it will say SERVICES with NEXT EXIT at the bottom
2. eligibility criteria
You are eligible for a Logo Sign if you provide an essential motorist service (gas, food, lodging) and you:
- are open to the general public
- comply with all municipal, provincial and federal laws regarding health, public safety and business operations
- maintain washroom facilities as required by health authorities; and provide adequate parking
You are eligible for the Other Business sign if your business resides within the corporate limit or town boundary of the community you operate in.
The complete guidelines are available on this site under News & Publications.
A five – year Permit Fee is paid by the business to cover the cost of fabricating and maintaining the Logo Sign panel showing their name.
4. application process
A one-window approach provides a fair and equitable system for tourism operators across the province when applying for signs:
- Your application is evaluated using up-to-date operational criteria guidelines
- If you meet the criteria your application is approved within 30 days
- If additional information is required, you will be notified within the 30-day timeframe
- In the event of a refusal, you have the right to appeal