PUBLIC WORKS SEASONAL LABOURER REQUIRED
The Village of Wabamun is currently seeking an individual to fill a temporary, full-time position from May 29 to August 29, 2017. Reporting to the Public Works Foreman and or CAO, the successful applicant will be required to perform various duties, including, but not limited to, general maintenance at all parks and playgrounds within the Village, public works duties as required, GPS marking of village infrastructure and possible office duties as time allows. CSA approved steel toed boots are also required. Hourly rate: $15.00. Resumes will be accepted until noon, May 18, 2017.
As this position is sponsored through an Alberta Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) grant all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- be at least 16 years of age
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person protected under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada. international students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible
- must reside in Alberta with an Alberta address
- must be returning to high school or a post-secondary institution to continue studying full-time in the fall.
- must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- is available for full-time summer employment
- participate in only one STEP position during the summer
- not immediately related to staff responsible for hiring in the organization
Resumes and cover page can be dropped off at the village office at 5217 – 52 St., Wabamun, faxed to 780-892-2669, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Box 240 Wabamun, AB T0E 2K0
Further information regarding either opportunity can be obtained by contacting the Village Office at 780-892-2699 or by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.