WATERFRONT PARK IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION TO BETTER SERVE YOU
DAY USE PARKING FEES FOR SINGLE VEHICLES USING THE EAST LOT HAVE BEEN WAIVED UNTIL JUNE 16, 2017.
ALL OTHER PARKING FEES, INCLUDING BOAT LAUNCHING OR BOAT TRAILER PARKING ARE NOW IN EFFECT.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE DURING CONSTRUCTION.
Whatever the season, the natural beauty of Wabamun’s Waterfront Park is waiting for you. This popular day-use park includes a water spray park, large playground for children, picnic facilities, public washrooms with change rooms, and a full-size boat launch for access onto Lake Wabamun. See below for when these facilities are open.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Boat Launch will be CLOSED from Friday June 23 through Sunday June 25, 2017 for the Dragonfly Festival and Upfest.
The Boat Launch is open 7 days a week except as noted above. Beginning in May 1 and ending September 30, parking fees are in effect for all parking areas in Waterfront Park.
- Anyone wishing to use the boat launch, launch a boat or park their boat trailer is required to pay a $20 fee per day at the center ticket machine.
- NEW – Those parking in the single vehicle (no trailers) lot on the east side for day use are only required to pay a fee of $5 per hour or purchase a $20 day pass (note – credit is not given for hourly passes purchased prior to purchasing a day pass). Hourly and day use passes for the east lot are purchased at the ticket machine at the entrance to the east lot.
- Both ticket machines will accept one or two dollar coins, 5, 10 or 20 dollar bills or Visa or MasterCard (pay by phone coming soon).
- These lots are Patrolled – offenders will be subject to a minimum $150 fine as per 01-2016 WATERFRONT PARK BYLAW . If you plan to enjoy time at the lake frequently, you can purchase an annual pass for $300. Passes are available at the Village Office during regular business hours.
- Waterfront Park User Fees approved April 4, 2017
Residents of Wabamun can use the boat launch and parking areas in Waterfront Park for free upon registration of their boat and vehicle. To register your boat complete and print the Permit Application. Please bring signed copies to the Village Office for processing.
Overnight parking or boat mooring is not allowed. Water tank filling at the launch area is not permitted on Saturdays, Sundays or on Statutory Holidays. Water tank filling requires a provincial water diversion permit and a Waterfront Park parking pass.
If you have questions or concerns about the Boat Launch Fees or application, please call the Village Office at 780-892-2699.
The Waterfront Park Spray Park is the perfect place to cool off on a hot summers day. It features more than 10 pieces of spray equipment that will keep kids entertained all afternoon!
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays noon – 4:00 p.m.
Note – The Spray Park will tentatively be open June 23, 2017 due to ongoing construction in the park and close for the season as of 4pm, Sunday, September 10, 2017. The washrooms will also remain open until September 11.