PUBLIC WORKS SEASONAL LABOURERS REQUIRED
The Village of Wabamun is currently seeking two individuals to fill two temporary, full-time positions from May 13 to August 30, 2019. Reporting to the Public Works Foreman and/or CAO, the successful applicants will be required to perform various duties, including, but not limited to, general maintenance at all parks and playgrounds within the Village, road, infrastructure and facility maintenance, and public works duties as required. CSA approved steel toed boots are also required. Hourly rate: $15.00. Resumes will be accepted until noon, April 12, 2019.
As these positions are sponsored through an Alberta Summer Temporary Employment
Program (STEP) grant all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- be at least 16 years of age
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person protected under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada. International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible
- must reside in Alberta with an Alberta address
- must be returning to high school or a post-secondary institution to continue studying full-time in the fall.
- must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- is available for full-time summer employment
- participate in only one STEP position during the summer
- not immediately related to staff responsible for hiring in the organization
Please submit resume and cover letter marked “Seasonal Labourer” by 12 noon on Friday, April 12, 2019 to: Village of Wabamun, 5217 – 52 Street, Box 240 Wabamun, AB T0E 2K0 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 780-892-2699, Fax 780-892-2669
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.